8.09.2010

In which I voice my hate for SR, & my love for Miss Sylvia Plath

I love to read, I adore reading. When I can't read, I actually feel like there's a part of me that's outta wack. But I don't like being assigned books to read. I like to read everything at my own pace. I don't like to be assigned books and I want to read what I want to read when i want to read it. I also like to do book reviews, as you know, but i do NOT want to do JOURNAL ENTRIES.

But, if you know me, if we talk, you already know my feelings on the subject of the dreaded Summer Reading. I'm just going to call it SR so that I don't have to type out Summer Reading. Which I just did, but won't do again.

So, The book I'm reading for SR is "Water For Elephants" as shown in my currently reading section. In my opinion, it's way too adult for a High School SR project. I think it's kind of pervy of my new English teacher to use this book as it is sexually explicit and something my eyes don't need to read. Nope. I don't enjoy that. No dice.

So yeah, I usually try to distract myself from it, but I always make sure I get done one section a day. Today, I'm at 6 sections down, 4 more to go. I'm making progress. I'm almost done! But...

I have a math packet to do, too. which i'm nervous about, because I probably won't remember how to do any of the problems and that's gonna suck.

-----

In other news, I'm also currently reading "The Bell Jar" by Sylvia Plath. I already know what you're all gonna say. "OH MY GOD. HOW DEPRESSING. YOU SHOULDN'T READ THAT."

I think you'll say that because when I was purchasing the journals of Sylvia Plath at my local Barnes & Noble, the cashier girl thought it was her duty to tell me that it would be depressing. I told her that I know that, and that I'm prepared for it, but I find Sylvia fascinating.

I love Sylvia Plath. And I wanted to get inside her mind, so I read her journals, and Now i'm reading the Bell Jar, to dig further. I wish she was still here with us. I wish I could speak to her.

but it wasn't to be.

kbye
-- em

No comments:

Post a Comment